By: Evelyn Ackah, Immigration Lawyer
Update: Effective Nov 7, 2017, Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream has reached the registration intake limit and no additional registrations for this stream can be accepted. According to their website: The OINP is monitoring the intake of applications with respect to the limits of Ontario’s federal nomination allocation and will determine if any more applications can be accepted for this stream.
Effective November 3, 2017, the Ontario immigration office is now accepting applications for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream:
To apply, applicants must have a valid Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario and have a profile registered with the Canada Express Entry system. Guidelines to apply include:
- A valid profile in the Express Entry (EE) system
- You must have received a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario that is still valid
- Notifications of Interest (NOI) issued prior to November 1, 2017, are valid for six months or to December 31, 2017 (whichever comes first). This means that you must submit an application for the HCP Stream in the OINP e-Filing Portal within six months of receiving your NOI from Ontario.
- NOIs issued after November 1, 2017, are valid for 45 days or to December 31, 2017 (whichever comes first). This means that if you received your NOI after November 1, 2017, you must submit an application for the HCP in the OINP e-Filing Portal within 45 days of receiving your NOI from Ontario.
- All NOIs issued in 2017 is no longer valid after December 31, 2017.
If your application is approved after the OINP reaches its nomination allocation for 2017, your nomination certificate will be issued in early 2018.
Evelyn Ackah is the Founder and Managing Lawyer at Ackah Business Immigration Law. She has been practicing law since 1999 and brings her passion and knowledge for immigration law to her corporate and individual clients from all over the world.
For more information please click HERE